Finance Administrator (Full time, permanent)
Location: Based at our Head Office, in Wymondham, Norfolk
Company: Toilets+ Limited is the largest independent portable toilet company in the Southeast of England, operating across multiple geographical depots. We have thousands of toilets on short and long-term hire, which are serviced and restocked on a weekly basis, these are placed on routes according to location. Routes are updated daily in line with the delivery of new toilets and collection of end of hires.
Job purpose: As a Finance Administrator you will form an essential part of the Finance Administration Team and will be responsible for the efficient management of all day-to-day financial administration of the Company.
To be successful in this role you will need good energy, excellent organisation skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and be a good communicator. You will require great interpersonal skills as a key part of your role will be to liaise with customers & relevant internal personnel.
Remuneration package: £25,500 – 27,000 Per annum (Subject to experience)
Working hours: Full time permanent contract, 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Line manager: Finance Director
- Dealing with all account related queries from customers and suppliers
- Helping manage the Company’s aged debt process, ensuring all relevant customers are meeting their payment terms
- Monitoring and recording supplier payments
- Monitoring and recording customer receipts
- Authorising and generating Purchase Orders
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Process customer /supplier invoices
- Oversee Purchase Orders
- Manage account queries
- Manage and reconcile income received via cheques, cash, BACS and credit cards
- Assist with filing of contract paperwork and other general administrative duties
- Reconcile petty cash
- Chase customer aged debt
- Set up new customer accounts
- Support the Hire Desk team with general day to day administration
- Present relevant reports to the Finance & Office Managers as and when required
- Using our bespoke hire software to complete the necessary contract paperwork
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience in accounts administration (Essesntial)
- Excellent administration and IT skills (Excel & Word) (Essential)
- AAT qualification (Desirable)
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of using QuickBooks Online accounting package, or similar (Essential)
- Experience of debt management (Essential)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills (Essential)
- Good self-management of time and the ability to meet deadlines (Essential)
- Ability to work independently and use of individual initiative (Essential)
- Ability to work strategically (Essential)
- Good organiser and administrator (Essential)
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation skills (Essential)
- Diplomacy and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential information (Essential)
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict (Essential)
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good listener
- Problem solver
- A sense of humour
- Ability to follow instructions
- Working to strict deadlines
- Attention to detail
The objective of Toilets+ Limited is to offer the highest quality provision in regard to the hire and servicing of portable toilets. To achieve this objective, the organisation will maintain an effective and efficient Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
Applicants will be asked about any previous unspent criminal convictions or cautions, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointment to this role is subject to satisfactory references and successful completion of a 13-week probation period.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable being their true self at work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, supporting social mobility and giving opportunities to people whatever their background. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age or with regard to pregnancy or maternity.
Please be aware any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references. Successful completion of a 13-week probation period will be subject to satisfactory attendance, performance, and conduct.
This Job Description is only a summary of the role as it exists and is not meant to be exhaustive.
The responsibilities, accountabilities and skills, knowledge, experiences and behaviours might differ from those outlined and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
To be considered please submit your CV and covering letter telling us why you believe you would be a good fit for the role before the closing date of 20th February 2023.