Assistant Depot Manager – Badingham Depot
Assistant Depot Manager
Various, but starting and finishing at Toilets+ Limited, Badingham IP13 8LU
£26,000 per annum (£11.76 per hour)
Generous loyalty bonus scheme, referral scheme, free onsite parking
Full time, permanent
42.5 hours per week between 6am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
Badingham Depot Manager
Toilets+ Limited is the largest independent Portable Toilet company in the South, East and Central England. We have thousands of toilets on short and long-term hire across 20 counties, delivered and serviced by our reliable, experienced teams. Our extensive range includes portable toilets for construction and events, luxury toilet trailers for weddings, festivals, corporate events, and we also fulfil servicing for portable toilets and welfare units supplied by third parties. Founded in Norfolk in 1990 and operating for over 30 years, Toilets+ Limited is a well-established, expanding, family run business.
About the role:
A typical day in the life of a Toilets+ Assistant Depot Manager includes:
· Managing the depot in the absence of the Depot Manager
· Overseeing the morning routines, ensuring Service Drivers are completing the required vehicle checks and deal with any route queries if the Depot Manager is not around
· Overseeing all offsite toilet repairs which are too lengthy to be completed by service drivers on site ensuring these are completed in a timely manner
· Ensuring toilet stock is washed, prepped and ready to be used in line with the agreed company guidelines, including hot water and mains units
· Ensuring all relevant chemicals are prepared appropriately for Service Drivers at the beginning/end of each day in line with company guidelines
· In conjunction with the Depot Manager, being responsible for the organization and tidiness of the yard
· Overseeing and monitor the loading of flatbeds, ensuring units are strapped correctly
· Completing or oversee the training of all new staff, including the completion of all relevant paperwork in line with company guidelines
· As and when required, delivering, collecting and completing the weekly servicing and restocking of our portable toilet units out on short and long-term hire, completing all relevant contract paperwork
· Completing minor repairs to units as and when required on site or in the depot
· Undertaking daily maintenance checks specific to your allocated vehicle
· Assisting the Depot Manager with servicing of donkey engines, vac pumps, and compressors, weekly and monthly van checks, other simple vehicle maintenance tasks and forklift duties (once qualified)
What you need:
· Full driving licence held for a minimum of 3 years
· Previous 3.5 tonne vehicle driving experience
· Ideally live within 15 miles of the depot
· Good geographical knowledge of area
· Good IT skills (Word, Excel & Outlook)
· Hard working
· Good team player
· Good communicator
· Ability to work unsupervised
· Problem solving skills
What we offer in return:
· Secure, permanent employment
· Full induction and training programme, and regular monthly Toolbox Talks
· Uniform and PPE provided
· Overtime opportunities
· Generous loyalty bonus scheme
· Referral scheme
· Free onsite parking
Toilets+ Limited aims to offer the highest quality provision in regards to the hire and servicing of portable toilets. To achieve this objective, the organisation will maintain an effective and efficient Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
Applicants will be asked about any unspent convictions or cautions as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointment to this role may be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Please be aware that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory attendance, conduct, performance and references.
This job description is only a summary of the role as it exists and is not meant to be exhaustive. The responsibilities, accountabilities and experiences might differ from those outlined, and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable being their true self at work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, supporting social mobility and providing opportunities for people whatever their background.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Hannah or Kate on 01953 601345.
To be considered, please submit your CV and covering letter telling us why you believe you would be a good fit for the role, by email to HR@toilets.co.uk before the closing date.