Operations & Business Development Manager
Job Title : Operations and Business Development Manager
Location: A mixture of office-based working (primarily from our Head Office in Wymondham, Norfolk), and regular visits and working at our five other regional depots in Stevenage, Badingham, Reigate, Tunbridge Wells and Winchester.
Salary: £38,000 – £40,000
- Company vehicle
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Generous Loyalty bonus scheme
- Full time, permanent
- 42.5 hours per week
- Primarily Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend and unsociable hours required
Line Manager: Managing Director
Toilets+ Limited is the largest independent Portable Toilet company in South, East and Central England. We have thousands of toilets on short and long-term hire across 20 counties, delivered and serviced by our reliable, experienced teams. Our extensive range includes portable toilets for construction and events, luxury toilet trailers for weddings, festivals and corporate events, and we also fulfil servicing for portable toilets and welfare units supplied by third parties. Founded in Norfolk in 1990 and operating for over 30 years, Toilets+ Limited is a well-established, expanding, family run business.
About the role:
We are looking for a ‘driven’ individual who can oversee the effective and efficient operation of our six regional depots. This role also includes being responsible for ensuring safe and legal working environments at each depot whilst also identifying opportunities to develop the business further.
To be successful in this role you will need good energy, be a good communicator, be able to lead projects and have great interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Management Team and business department leads and will be responsible for line management of 6 Depot Managers, and our Fleet Administrator.
Key objectives of the role:
- To maximise appropriate depot operation efficiency based on the needs of each specific depot, in line with company policy
- To ensure depots deliver a consistent high standard of servicing and customer service to all customers, in line with company policy
- To liaise with departmental leads to ensure all monitoring and evaluation is completed, in line with company policy
- To ensure all Health & Safety requirements are being delivered at depots, in line with our Risk Management processes and policies
- Oversee depot routing efficiencies and lead on periodic re-routing at each depot
- Oversee the Fleet Department, working closely with the Fleet Administrator to ensure our fleet is operational and safe.
- Supporting the directors to strengthen key customer relationships.
- Occasionally liaising with customers to resolve operational issues or complaints.
- Sharing ideas to support the continued growth of the business.
Role specific responsibilities:
- Oversee the smooth running of all depots on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure depots follow company procedures and policies at all times
- Ensure Depot Managers provide and practice safe working systems at their depot following our Health & Safety & Risk Management policies at all times
- Input into Health and Safety reviews and Risk Assessments
- Lead on the reviewing and monthly implementation of our Toolbox Talk training programme
- Lead in the review and updating of training for depot staff
- Provide guidance and facilitate depot assistance when required to keep on top of workloads
- Agree realistic delivery thresholds with depots each week
- Provide guidance on routing and efficiency of routes
- Complete regular checks on depot service routes to ensure they are accurate, up to date and manageable, offering advice to depots where needed
- Provide support and guidance to hire desk staff regarding site issues when required
- Provide support to hire desk staff and depots in resolving issues between them
- Oversee the Fleet Administrator to ensure vehicles are repaired and back in service in a timely manner
- Undertake periodic assessment of our fleet & depot staffing levels, making recommendations to the Senior Management Team for investment in new vehicles/plant/staff as appropriate
- Support with determining optimum manning levels for depots, and involvement in the recruitment of new team members as appropriate
- Maintain excellent depot standards by addressing poor standards in a timely manner
- Assist Depot Managers with implementation of disciplinary processes where required
- Ensure depot paperwork is completed and returned in a timely manner
- Lead on relevant topics for discussion at regular Depot Manager meetings
What you need:
- A full driving licence, with no more than 6 penalty points
- Good geographical knowledge of the South-East of England
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel & Outlook
- People and performance management
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving and natural leadership skills
- Willingness to work occasional unsociable hours, including weekends and evenings
- A drive to help people achieve their goals
- Operational management experience
- A sense of humour
We offer in return:
- Secure, permanent employment
- Full induction and training programme, and regular monthly Toolbox Talks
- Generous loyalty bonus scheme
- Company vehicle
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Referral scheme
- Free onsite parking at all of our sites
Toilets+ Limited aims to offer the highest quality provision in regards to the hire and servicing of portable toilets. To achieve this objective, the organisation will maintain an effective and efficient Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
Applicants will be asked about any unspent convictions or cautions as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointment to this role may be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Please be aware that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory attendance, conduct, performance and references.
This job description is only a summary of the role as it exists and is not meant to be exhaustive. The responsibilities, accountabilities and experiences might differ from those outlined, and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable being their true self at work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, supporting social mobility and providing opportunities for people whatever their background.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Hannah or Kate on 01953 601345.
To be considered, please submit your CV and covering letter telling us why you believe you would be a good fit for the role, by email to HR@toilets.co.uk before 1st October 2023.