Depot Yard Supervisor – Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Toilets+ Limited – Depot Yard Supervisor (Stevenage, Hertfordshire)
£25,200 per year
Full time, permanent, Monday to Friday
Generous annual loyalty bonus scheme
Hours: 42.5 Hours per week
Days: Monday – Friday
Location: Toilets+ Limited, Little Wymondley, Stevenage SG4 7HT
Line Manager: Stevenage Depot Manager
Toilets+ Limited is the largest independent Portable Toilet company in South, East and Central England. We have thousands of toilets on short and long-term hire across 20 counties, delivered and serviced by our reliable, experienced teams. Our extensive range includes portable toilets for construction and events, luxury toilet trailers for weddings, festivals and corporate events, and we also fulfil servicing for portable toilets and welfare units supplied by third parties. Founded in Norfolk in 1990 and operating for over 30 years, Toilets+ Limited is a well-established, expanding, family run business.
About the role
The role includes, in addition to any Service Driver responsibilities:
- Acting as the ‘final’ flatbed driver, making deliveries/collections where volume dictates
- Organising depot work, utilising available staff and directing work/traffic in the depot to ensure safe and efficient working
- Completing visual checks on fleet upon return, raising issues to depot management
- Coordinating depot workforce’s van preparations for the following day, including washing if required
- Assisting and coordinating others with loading, unloading and preparation of units
- Organising and distributing all relevant Chemicals to workforce, in line with company policies
- Completing advanced repairs on units in depots, maximising daily available stock availability
- Carrying out equipment maintenance programmes (including donkey engines, vac pumps etc.)
- Carrying out & educating workforce on how to complete minor repairs to units and vehicles
- Overseeing the quality of unit cleaning & preparation pre-delivery
- As part of the management team, completing the agreed number of onsite spot checks
- Maintaining and organising depot housekeeping
- Supporting the operational workforce during peak/holiday periods
- Acting as holiday support for the management team as and when required
What you need
- Full Driving Licence, with no more than 6 penalty points
- A good level of fitness and ability to complete manual handling duties
- Reliability, enthusiasm and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- A polite and helpful manner when talking to our customers
- Enjoy working on your own, and as part of a team
We offer in return
- Secure, permanent employment
- Full induction, 5 day training programme, and regular monthly Toolbox Talks
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Overtime opportunities
- Generous loyalty bonus scheme
- Referral scheme
Toilets+ Limited aims to offer the highest quality provision in regards to the hire and servicing of portable toilets. To achieve this objective, the organisation will maintain an effective and efficient Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
Applicants will be asked about any unspent convictions or cautions as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointment to this role may be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Please be aware that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory attendance, conduct, performance and references.
This job description is only a summary of the role as it exists and is not meant to be exhaustive. The responsibilities, accountabilities and experiences might differ from those outlined, and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable being their true self at work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, supporting social mobility and providing opportunities for people whatever their background.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Hannah or Kate on 01953 601345.
To be considered, please submit your CV and covering letter telling us why you believe you would be a good fit for the role, by email to HR@toilets.co.uk before the closing date.