Hire Desk Manager
Toilets+ Limited – Hire Desk Manager (Wymondham, Norfolk)
£29,000 to £30,000 per year
Full time, permanent, Monday to Friday
Generous annual loyalty bonus scheme
Hours: 42.5 Hours per week 07.30 – 16.30 (30 minutes unpaid lunch break)
Days: Monday – Friday
Location: Toilets+ Ltd Head Office, 32 London Road, Wymondham, NR18 9JD
Line Manager: Finance Director
Toilets+ Limited is the largest independent Portable Toilet company in South, East and Central England. We have thousands of toilets on short and long-term hire across 20 counties, delivered and serviced by our reliable, experienced teams. Our extensive range includes portable toilets for construction and events, luxury toilet trailers for weddings, festivals and corporate events, and we also fulfil servicing for portable toilets and welfare units supplied by third parties. Founded in Norfolk in 1990 and operating for over 30 years, Toilets+ Limited is a well-established, expanding, family run business.
About the role
As Hire Desk Manager you will form an essential part of the Head Office administration team and will be responsible for Managing and leading the Hire Desk on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the team completes all necessary tasks to a high standard and in a timely manner. You will be responsible for leading and ensuring a first-class service is delivered at all times to our customers.
This position will involve managing high numbers of calls from existing and new customers, including raising the required paperwork for contracts and dealing with all relevant enquiries and queries from Depot Managers and Service Drivers. Specific duties of the role include:
- Allocating daily/weekly tasks across the Hire Desk Team and setting deadlines for completion where appropriate
- Monitoring the status of Hire Desk processes and distributing work accordingly to ensure timely completion, minimising the impact on other functions of the business, such as finance
- Leading daily/weekly briefing meetings as and when required
- Motivating the team to complete all tasks to the best of their ability, creating a lively working atmosphere
- Resolving issues raised by the team or giving them the tools and advice to resolve them for themselves – escalating to senior management when appropriate
- Monitoring random calls to assess and improve the quality of service delivered by the hire desk team
- Monitoring performance of individual team members on a regular basis and address any under-performance in a positive and constructive way
- Liaising with existing and new customers through our Hire Desk, which will include the processing of new orders, off-hires, enquiries, queries and new accounts
- Liaising with our six Depot Managers to confirm new deliveries, off-hires, enquiries and queries
- Liaising with our service drivers, issuing miss numbers and dealing with site enquiries relating to deliveries and/or collections.
- Using our bespoke hire software to complete the necessary contract paperwork for new orders, off-hires and hire contract exceptions
- Using our tracker system to assist with service driver queries and directions
- Ensuring the accurate filing of contract paperwork
- Looking at new and improved ways to run the Hire Desk
- Exploring new opportunities to grow our existing and potential customer base
- Tracking key performance indices and other statistics, including data analytics
- Ensuring sufficient cover for the hire desk by managing time and attendance, holidays and absence in line with company policy and procedure
- Recruitment and selection of new team members
- Ensuring all new starters are fully inducted and trained by an appropriate person, and have all the equipment they require to do a great job
- Timely completion of all relevant new starter paperwork in line with company guidelinesand timescales
- Achieving results by communicating job expectations; planning, allocating workloads, monitoring, coaching and appraising staff achievements
- Maintaining excellent service standards by addressing poor standards in a timely manner
- Dealing with conduct, performance, capability and attendance issues in line with Toilets+ Disciplinary Procedure where necessary
- Communicating regularly with Senior Management Team about progress, asking for, and offering support working as a wider team
What you need
- The successful candidate needs to be passionate, committed and a reliable people manager who knows how to get the best out of individuals
- Experience of leadership roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Good organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Hardworking team player
- Good listening skills
- Problem solver and innovator
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- A sense of humour
We offer in return
- Secure, permanent employment
- Full induction and training programme, and regular monthly Toolbox Talks
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Generous loyalty bonus scheme
- Referral scheme
- Free onsite parking
Toilets+ Limited aims to offer the highest quality provision in regards to the hire and servicing of portable toilets. To achieve this objective, the organisation will maintain an effective and efficient Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
Applicants will be asked about any unspent convictions or cautions as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointment to this role may be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Please be aware that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory attendance, conduct, performance and references.
This job description is only a summary of the role as it exists and is not meant to be exhaustive. The responsibilities, accountabilities and experiences might differ from those outlined, and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable being their true self at work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, supporting social mobility and providing opportunities for people whatever their background.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Hannah or Kate on 01953 601345.
To be considered, please submit your CV and covering letter telling us why you believe you would be a good fit for the role, by email to HR@toilets.co.uk before the closing date.